The International Primary School — Insight School has been operating in Saint Petersburg since 2001.
Originally, the school was created so that English speaking children of expatriate parents in Saint Petersburg could receive the same education as if they would in England. The UK national curriculum allows each child to continue their education process in the UK or any British school in the world.
THE UK NATIONAL CURRICULUM
The well established UK National Curriculum is used throughout the school. The curriculum uses a programme of study that any UK school will be familiar with, using text books and widely recognised resources that would be found in any UK Primary School).
OUR CHECKS ON QUALITY
The supervision and guidance of ‘The UK National Curriculum (EYFS, KS1 &KS2)’ is by the Education Consultancy @school-in-UK Ltd led by an experienced past Headmaster and ISI Inspector. Lessons are monitored and children’s learning and progress is rigorously assessed using Standardised tests used throughout the UK. This enables pupils to seamlessly continue their studies wherever the British Education system is used.
OUR UNIQUE ENGLISH ENVIRONMENT
- Insight International School teachers are fully native English speakers with extensive experience.
- Classes are of mixed nationality so Russian pupils and children of expatriate parents who do not speak Russian study together.
- We communicate only in English throughout the school day. This encourages pupils to quickly master the English language and effectively learn through the medium of English all elements of the UK National Curriculum.
SUMMER EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN ENGLAND
The traditional four weeks of additional study in England by pupils of Insight International School at St John’s School, Sidmouth is of immense value. Children live in carefully selected local cottages a short distance from the school in the quintessential English seaside town in East Devon. On school days they study beside their English counterparts fully immersed in all lessons. They also participate in the extensive after school extra curricula programme. The weekend programme includes visiting places of historical and cultural interest, as well as famous sights and entertainment venues. The time in England improves language skills immeasurably as well as giving children an unforgettable memories.
THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHARACTER AND ALL ROUND ABILITIES
In addition to the development of academic abilities and a unique level of English, we give pupils the opportunity to develop their intellectual, creative, emotional and physical talents. Included in our curriculum are chess, French, History of St Petersburg, judo, athletics, singing, mental mathematics, speech therapy, art, choreography, drama, skiing, football and PSHE.
ENGLISH MUSICAL THEATRE
Theatre arts are an integral part of the curriculum at Insight International School. Drama lessons contribute to the full development of the individual with children gaining in confidence and poise as a result. Lessons enable children to speak in public with confidence. Lessons also contribute significantly to the English speaking skills of children. The end result of the lessons are spectacular musical performances held on stage at The Music Hall Theatre in St Petersburg. All our pupils participate in the performances during which they demonstrate their vocal, dancing and acting talents.
CARING FOR CHILDREN’S PHYSICAL HEALTH
- The school is located in a beautiful park on the banks of the river. Children enjoy clean air and are surrounded by a natural environment.
- Children enjoy two daily walking sessions, outdoor sports and a Physical Education programme.
- Substantial and healthy meals are served four times a day using fresh ingredients. We do not use convenience foods and meals are prepared on site.
We are proud of the successes of our past pupils who continue to study at the most prestigious schools in the UK, Europe and Russia.